If you submitted personally identifiable information to us prior to the above effective date, and desire to opt out of having that previously submitted personally identifiable information from being treated under this new policy, please contact us at customerservice@Airportvanrental.com.
(Effective September 3, 2014)
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of “personally identifiable information” includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mail address, phone number, etc.
When you place a reservation online with us, or if you sign up for our AVR Rewards Program, in order to process the rental reservation we collect some or all of the following personal information about you depending on the location of the rental and the type of vehicle reserved:
Name Telephone number Street Address Credit card information Email address AVR Rewards number Corporate account number Airline flight information Preferred vehicle type Date of birth Gender Driver's license number Employer Frequent flyer membership numbers and travel club accounts
If you sign up for other services from us, including any special online marketing promotions, sweepstakes, and online publications, we collect your email address and other information from you. If you are a travel agent we collect your IATA number and AG Code.
Whether or not you provide personally identifiable information is your choice; however, some or all of this personally identifiable information is required to place a reservation online with us, or participate in a particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
(2) Non-Personal Information: Our definition of “non-personal information” is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.), the name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
(3) Vehicle Use Data: Owner's vehicles will contain hardware that gathers and transmits information about vehicle use. This is done as a security measure against accident or theft and also to provide you with valuable services and information, such as other drivers' data.
Location Tracking: To prevent theft, and to allow us to locate you in case of emergency, accident, lock-out, etc., we track the location of your vehicle. Your location information will be confined to Triglobal service, and we will never impermissibly make your location or movements public. As part of our service, the location of your vehicle may be released to insurance companies, the police, or similar parties in the course of an investigation and/or accident claim, and to provide assistance in emergencies.
Information regarding the location of each vehicle on Triglobal site is also transmitted to Triglobal and can be tracked by your Triglobal -enabled smartphone. Owners can control when the location of their vehicle is broadcast, including during a Renter’s rental period. Anonymized Vehicle location information may be released to insurance companies, the police, or other interested parties when appropriate. You will need to notify us in writing that you are cancelling your subscription whereby we will not disclose your tracking information to third parties.
Driver and Vehicle Information: As a member of JusTriglobal, Incs Site, you authorize us to access your driver’s record, vehicle history report from all applicable entities and authorities. This authorization continues for as long as you are a Triglobal member. Moreover, you authorize all DMVs, RMVs, auto mechanics and all other entities and interested parties to release information to us regarding your driving record and vehicle history.
B. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
(2) Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others (what is the information obtained by others?). We may share your non-personal information with our Affiliated Companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that such information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
C. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, you can agree to receive some communications but not others. You may "opt out" of receiving future commercial email communications from us by following the instructions at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
(4) Transfer of Assets: We may share your information with our Affiliated Companies, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, we may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
(5) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor or disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; (d) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties; (e) in an emergency, protect the health and safety of our Website's users or the general public; or (f) enforce compliance with our Website rules.
(6) Your California Privacy Rights: Residents of the State of California have the right to request from certain business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To obtain this information you should send a request to customerservice@Airportvanrental.com with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California Privacy Rights Requirements(should include a link to this information) and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
(7) OnStar Equipment: If my rental vehicle has active OnStar equipment, I understand that my use of the vehicle is subject to the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement, a current copy of which is available at www.onstar.com, including system and service limitations, warranty exclusions, limitations of liability, wireless service provider terms, privacy practices relating to OnStar’s collection, use and sharing of information about me and the vehicle, and the application of other relevant provisions including responsibilities I have when using OnStar services. Further details regarding the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement are available at OnStar.com. By proceeding to rent the vehicle and sign this contract, I authorize the provision of OnStar services in accordance with the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement, and agree to be bound by the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement.
D. PUBLIC FORUMS
E. WIRELESS MARKETING SERVICES
If you register for wireless marketing services, you understand and agree that you will be charged by your wireless carrier for all messages sent to you. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by you or by a person that has access to a your wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
You may cancel one or more services via your wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by at the time the message is sent, or by sending a text message that says "UNSUBSCRIBE." We will then terminate your registration for the most recent wireless service sent to you. If you unsubscribe, the service(s) will be terminated immediately and will cancel your previous opt-in.
You understand, acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate any offer of any specific wireless marketing service or all wireless marketing services at any time without advance notice. We may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Website.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child's personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
G. KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the transmission of nonpublic personally identifiable financial and transaction information over the Internet. We also utilize additional security devices such as firewalls, security patches, and anti-virus programs, to protect nonpublic personally identifiable information. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your "personally identifiable information" (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
H. OTHER SITES/LINKS
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
I. CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
J. LOCAL RENTER POLICY
Local Renters are defined as living within a 120 mile radius of the renting location.
(1) Credit Card Use Policy: Local Renters will be subject to a $200 deposit in addition to the cost of the rental.
(2) Debit Card Use Policy: Local Renters will be required to provide a utility bill with an address that matches the renters license. Debit Cards will also be subject to a $200 deposit on top of rental charges. If your address has changed or updated, we will accept two bills with your new address that does not match your license.
(3) Local Renter Mileage Policy: Local Renters are subject to 250 miles per day on each vehicle class. Additional miles will be charged at $0.25 + taxes and fees.
K. SOLE STATEMENT